Showing the love for ourselves is paramount to living a good life... Here are some suggestions
Foggy head, just feeling “off”, grumpy, head achy, or just out of sorts. Consider... Detoxing.
The true definition of Wellness is the state or condition of being in good physical and mental health. “Stress affects every aspect of wellness”. Our world is full of stress relief remedies and detox being on of the most natural can be a great tool for us. Detox mean to literally rid the body of poisonous substance and that poison is stress, atop all the other chemicals we are exposed to.
With over 80,000 man-made chemicals that we are exposed to everyday, through our air, our water, and our food. It is a small wonder, why we might be feeling “off”. Detoxing is an important consideration on a regular basis, and nature has a great way to help us do that.
1) Intermittent fasting – giving our organs a break from constantly working and digesting our food – to taking a break and cleaning up some of the toxins (yes, our body is built to do just that)
2) Breathwork --- conscious control breathing is an important detox, to help clear the mind, manage emotions and improve mental and physical health. Direct effect to the blood carrying oxygen to all the cells in the body.
3) EZ water and organic juicing to help flush toxins – structured water and certain juicing, like celery, lemon and cucumber are great liquids to help flush the body. Adding Chlorophyll to the water is excellent for detoxing, due to its natural pH levels
4) Dry skin Brushing – before morning shower/bath, use a mitt, brush or loofa with circular movements towards the torso, starting closest to the torso, then moving distally – always toward the torso. Using gentle strokes will help metabolism of fat deposits and assists in lymphatic flow.
5) The Detox bath – can be 1) Simple combo of Epsom salts, and dead sea salt, and long with some exquisite essential oils properly blended to relax and relieve toxic stress or 2) Deeper Detox with a combo of bentonite clay, borax, baking soda and Epsom salts, along with the appropriate essentials oils
A detox bath will help your body in eliminating toxins as well as absorbing the minerals and nutrients that are in the water.
Best Detox Bath Formula:
1 cup. Epsom Salts
1 cup Baking soda (aluminum free)
1 cup Borax
1 cup Bentonite Clay
Good Essential Oils to add:
10 drops Grapefruit Peel – OG
10 drops Scotch Pine
15 drops Cedarwood
10 drops Cypress
Ways to prepare and take the bath.
Allow 30 – 40 minutes for your bath. Fill the tub with comfortable hot water. Use a chlorine filter if possible. As you step into the bath, begin to pour the salts mixture into the water. Invigorate the water, breathing in the fragrance of the essential oils… Utilizing your intention, infuse the water with love and light, to refresh and rejuvenate the body. For a little heat... add some ginger powder to the mix.
Immerse yourself in the water... visualizing the salts pulling the toxins out, and nourishing the body with the beautiful minerals it needs to assists the cells in their activity.
Drink Plenty of water before and after to help the body with its flushing action.